Trial spaces will be awarded in the following manner:
- Spaces will be awarded by a random draw of all Qualified Entries (see below) received between 9AM Pacific time, Dec 19, 2018, and 9AM Pacific Time on Dec 21, 2018.
- In the event you are having technical difficulties with the entry system, please email trialEntry@nacsw.net prior to the end of the draw period.
- If a trial level is not full after the draw of Qualified Entries, then there will be a Secondary Draw of any entries received that did not meet the ORT or title requirements. These entries will be accepted pending completion of the requirements. Please note: Dogs must earn the appropriate ORT and prior title level at least 3 days prior to the trial date to be eligible to compete. If the required title or ORT is earned less than 14 days prior to the event, it is the competitor’s responsibility to provide proof of the ORT or title to the event host in the form of a score book or a photo of the official results.
- PLEASE NOTE: The following NW3 trials are being linked in order to maximize trial opportunities for as many people as possible:
February Oakville, WA & Jefferson, OR NW3 Trials
For these linked trials, all entrants will be included in the first draw for all trials that they enter. However, no person can accept a space in more than one of these trials with any dog until all 1st dog/handler teams have received a space in one of the trials. If a person already has a confirmed space in a trial with any dog and is selected in the draw for another trial, or comes to the top of the wait list for the other trial and is offered a space, then they will need to drop the space in the trial they are currently entered in, even if it is with a different dog, in order to accept the space in the other trial. Cancellation policies will apply as listed in the trial's premium. Once all 1st dog/handler teams are accommodated then any remaining spaces can be offered to 2nd dog/handler teams based on their draw order. If either the dog or the handler is in a trial, they are deemed a "1st dog/handler" team.
Note: If you are entered in another trial before this one and earn the title for the level you are entering (NW1, NW2, NW3) at this trial, you will forfeit your space in this trial. You may request that the host add you to the list of those wishing to run their dog For Exhibition Only (FEO), in which case you may be given a space in the trial if space remains after all Qualified Entries are accommodated.
If you earn the title level after the refund period has ended, then you must contact the trial host at: jefferson.trial.2019 @ gmail.com within 48 hours of earning your title and at least 72 hours before the trial you are registered for to let them know you are no longer eligible.
If you contact the host within 48 hours of titling and at least 72 hours before their trial and (1) we are unable to fill your space, then you won't be given a refund but will be allowed to keep your space in the trial and run your dog FEO or (2) we are able to fill your space then a refund will be issued minus the processing fee listed in the cancellation policy.
If you fail to contact the host within 48 hours of earning your title and at least 72 hours before the trial you are registered for then you will forfeit your space, you will not be allowed to run as FEO, and no refund will be issued.
- After all entries received during the draw period are processed, if the trial level is still not full, entries will continue to be accepted in the order they are received through the closing date or when entries fill.
- You may enter multiple dogs for entry in the draw. However, only one dog/handler per title level will be accepted into the trial. Entry will go to the dog selected in the draw – you may not swap to an alternate dog. If multiple dogs are selected in the draw, you may select which dog you wish to enter. Once a dog has been entered as a second dog/handler entry, you may not swap handlers after the draw to change the entry to a first dog/handler unless the trial is not full.
- No dog will be given a space in more than one day of any given trial weekend.
- Some trial entries may be given priority entry based on contributions to the organization and the trial process.
- If space remains after all qualified entries are accommodated on Dec 26, 2018, then we may accept entries for those who wish to run a dog For Exhibition Only (FEO). Dogs running FEO are not eligible to receive titles or earn placement ribbons. FEO results will not be included in the posted trial results
You will be notified via e-mail of the results of the random draw by 5:00PM (pacific time) Dec 28, 2018. If you are given a space in the trial, you will receive information on how to submit payment. You will then have two business days to postmark your payment (via snail mail) to confirm your space in the trial.
A waiting list for alternates will be started as soon as entries fill. Alternates will be contacted when a space opens. Note: Depending on last minute trial logistics, we may opt to not fill all canceled spaces.
Be sure you read and understand the guidelines for this trial before entering. By submitting a registration for this NACSW™ Trial, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and accept the policies and liability information of NACSW™.